The President has just announced that the Lockdown has been extended in Lagos, Ogun country and Abuja for another 14days. President Muhammad Buhari made it known on live tv broadcast NTA. He encourage social distancing, maintaining right hygiene while the lockdown goes on.
See full text below;
1. Fellow Nigerians
2. In my addresson Sunday, twenty ninth March, 2020, I asked the residents of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Federal Capital Territory to stay at home for an preliminary length of fourteen days starting from the Monday, thirtieth March 2020.
3. Many country Governments additionally brought comparable regulations.
4. As your democratically elected leaders, we madethis very tough selection understanding fully well it will critically disrupt your livelihoods and bring undue worry to you, your loved ones and your groups.
5. But, suchsacrifices are needed to restriction the spread of COVID-19 in our united states of america. They were necessary to shop lives.
6. Our objective become, and still remains, to include the spread of the Coronavirus and to offer space, time and resources for an aggressive and collective movement.
7. The extent of compliance to the COVID-19guidelines issued has been usually appropriate throughout the united states.I wish to thank you all most definitely for the remarkable sacrifice you are making for each other at this important time.
8. I will take this possibility torecognise the huge help from our traditional rulers, the Christian affiliation of Nigeria (CAN) and the Nigerian ideally suited Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) at some point of this pandemic.
Nine. I also well known the support and contributions acquired from public lively individuals, the business community and our global companions and pals.
10. I have to additionally thank the media houses, celebrities and different public figures for the super work they’re doing in sensitizing our residents on hygienic practices, social distancing and issues related to social gatherings.
11. Because of the overpowering help and cooperation received, we have been able to reap loads at some stage in those 14 days of initial lockdown.
12. We carried out comprehensive public fitness measures that intensified our case identity, trying out, isolation and make contact with tracing capabilities.
Thirteen. Thus far, we’ve got identified ninety two% of all identified contacts even as doubling the wide variety of testing laboratories inside the us of a and elevating our checking out potential to one,500 assessments per day.
14. We additionally educated over 7,000 Healthcare workers on contamination prevention and control whilst deploying NCDC teams to 19 states of the federation.
15. Lagos and Abuja today have the capacity to confess some 1,000 sufferers each throughout several remedy centres.
Sixteen. Many state Governments have also made provisions for isolation wards and treatment centres. We are able to additionally construct comparable facilities close to our airports and land borders.
17. The usage of our sources, and those supplied thru donations, we will thoroughly equip and man these centres within the coming weeks. Already, fitness care employees across all the remedy centers have been provided with the non-public shielding gadget that they want to safely perform the care they offer.
18. Our hope and prayersare that we do now not should use all these centres. But we will be equipped for all scenarios.
19. At this factor, I ought to understand the incredible work being carried out with the aid of our healthcare workers and volunteers across the united states particularly in frontline areas of Lagos and Ogun States in addition to the Federal Capital Territory.
20. You’re our heroes and as a kingdom, we can for all time stay thankful for your sacrifice throughout this very hard time. Greater measures to encourage our fitness care employees are being added which we can announce in the coming weeks.
21. As a kingdom, we’re on the right track to win the fight against COVID-19.
22. But, I remain worried about the growth in quantity of confirmedcases and deaths being said internationally andin Nigeria specially.
23. On 30th March 2020, while we began our lockdown in conforming with scientific and clinical advice,the overall wide variety of confirmed cases across the world became over 780,000.
24. The day prior to this, the wide variety of confirmed COVID-19 instances globally became over a million, eight hundred and fifty thousand. This figure is more than double in two weeks!
25. Inside the remaining fourteen days by myself, over seventy thousand people have died due to this disease.
26. In the same duration, we’ve got visible the health system of even the most evolved nations being crushed through this virus.
27. Here in Nigeria, we had 131 showed instances of COVID-19 in 12 States on 30th March 2020. We had fatalities then.
28. This morning, Nigeria had 323 showed casesin twenty States. Unluckily we now haveten fatalities. Lagos kingdom remains thecenter and accounts for 54% of the confirmed instances in Nigeria. Whilst blended with the FCT, the two locations represent over seventy one% of the confirmed cases in Nigeria.
29. Maximum of our efforts will keep to recognition in those locations.
30. Majority of the confirmed instances in Lagos and the FCT are people with current international tour history or those that got here into contact with returnees from global trips.
31. With the aid of final our airports and land borders and setting strict conditions for seaport sports, we’ve decreased the impact of external elements on our us of a. But, the boom within the range of States with high quality instances is alarming.
32. The countrywide Centre for sickness manage has informed me that, a large proportion of recent infections at the moment are occurring in our communities, via character-to-person contacts. So we have to be aware of the danger of near contact among person to man or woman.
33. At this point, i can remind all Nigerians to continue to take obligation for the recommended measures to prevent transmission, inclusive of retaining physical distancing, precise personal hygiene and staying at home.
34. In addition, i have signed the Quarantine Order on this regard and extra regulations to offer readability in recognize of the control measures for the COVID-19pandemic a good way to be released soon.
35. The public fitness response to COVID-19 is constructed on our capacity to locate, test and admit instances in addition to trace all their contacts. Even as I be aware some appreciable development, we are able to acquire lots extra.
36. Nowadays, the cessation of motion, physical distancing measures and the prohibition of mass gatherings remain the maximum efficient and powerful way of decreasing the transmission of the virus.Through maintaining those measures, combined with large trying out and make contact with tracing, we are able to take manage and limit the unfold of the disorder.
37. Our approach to the virus remains in 2 steps – First, to protect the lives of our fellow Nigerians and citizens residing right here and 2d, to keep the livelihoods of people and enterprise proprietors.
38. With this in mind and having carefully considered the briefings and record from the Presidential task pressure and the diverse options offered, it has become essential to extend the cutting-edge restrict of movement in Lagos and Ogun States in addition to the FCT for every other fourteen days powerful from 11:fifty nine pm on Monday, 13th of April, 2020.I’m consequently another time asking you all to paintings with authorities in this combat.
39. This isn’t always a comic story. It is a count of existence and demise. Mosques in Makkah and Madina had been closed. The Pope celebrated Mass on an empty St. Peter’s rectangular. The well-known Notre Dame cathedral in Paris held Easter Mass with much less than 10 people. India, Italy and France are in entire lockdown. Different countries are inside the process of following fit. We cannot be lax.
40. The previously issued pointers on exempted offerings shall continue to be.
41. That is a difficult choice to take, however i’m convinced that this is the proper selection. The proof is obvious.
Forty two. The repercussions of any premature give up to the lockdown action is not possible.
43. Wemust not lose the profits performed up to now. We must no longer permit a fast boom in network transmission. We ought to endure a bit longer.
44. I’m able to therefore take this opportunity to urge you all to inform the applicable authorities in case you or your family increase any signs and symptoms. I’m able to additionally ask our health care professionals to redouble their efforts to discover all suspected cases, bring them into care and prevent transmission to others.
Forty five. No united states can have enough money the total impact of a sustained restrict of motion on its economy.I am completely privy to the tremendous difficulties skilled mainly by people who earn a every day salary inclusive of traders, dayworkers, artisans and guide people.
46. For this institution, their sustenance relies upon on their capacity to exit. Their livelihoods depend on them mingling with others and about looking for paintings. But no matter these realities we should no longer exchange the restrictions.
Forty seven. Within the past weeks, we announced palliative measures which include meals distribution, coins transfers and loans reimbursement waivers to ease the rigors of our restrictive regulations all through this hard time. These palliatives can be sustained.
Forty eight. I’ve also directed that the modern-day social sign up be elevated from 2.6 million families to a few.6 million families in the next two weeks. This indicates we are able to help an additional a million homes with our social investment programs. A technical committee is operating on this and could publish a report to mebythe give up of this week.
49. The security agencies have risen to the demanding situations posed by using this unheard of state of affairs with gallantry and i commend them. I beg them to maintain to keep utmost vigilance, firmness in addition to restraint in implementing the restrict orders while now not neglecting statutory security duties.
50. Fellow Nigerians, observe the commands on social distancing. The irresponsibility of the few can cause the death of the many. Your freedom ends wherein other humans’s rights begin.
51. The response of our state Governors has been particularly remarkable, specially in aligning their regulations and actions to the ones of the Federal authorities.
Fifty two. In the coming weeks, I need to guarantee you that the Federal government, via the Presidential task pressure, will do whatever it takes to help you on this very hard period. I don’t have any doubt that, by means of running together and thoroughly following the rules, we will get over this pandemic.
53. I ought to also thank the Legislative arm of presidency for all their support and donations on this very difficult length. This collaboration is crucial to the fast and long-term achievement of all of the measures that we’ve instituted in response to the pandemic.
54. Because of this pandemic, the world as we are aware of it has modified. The way we engage with each other, conduct our corporations and exchange, tour, train our youngsters and earn our livelihoods can be unique.
Fifty five. To make sure our economy adapts to this new reality, i’m directing the Ministers of industry, trade and investment,verbal exchange and digital economy,science and generation,Transportation, Aviation,interior,health, Works and Housing, Labour and Employment andEducation to mutually develop a complete coverage for a “Nigerian financial system functioning with COVID-19”.
Fifty six. The Ministers might be supported through the Presidential economic Advisory Council and economic Sustainability Committee in executing this mandate.
Fifty seven. I am additionally directing the Minister of Agriculture and Rural development, the countrywide security Adviser, the vice chairman, countrywide food safety Council and the Chairman, Presidential Fertiliser Initiative to paintings with the Presidential project force on COVID-19to make sure the impact of this pandemic on our 2020 farming season is minimized.
58. Subsequently, I want to thank the members of the Presidential assignment force on COVID-19 for all their tough paintings up to now. Certainly, the patriotism shown in your paintings is exemplary and highly commendable.
Fifty nine. Fellow Nigerians, I don’t have any doubt that via running together and carefully following the policies, we will recover from this pandemic and emerge stronger in the long run.
60. I thanks all in favour of listening and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.